New Mexico Credentialing Board for Behavioral Health Professionals, Inc.
IC&RC CBT testing
The IC&RC exam can be scheduled for the Certified Prevention Specialist, Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor, and Certified Clinical Supervisor applicants now.
The written exams are computerized exams that must be scheduled in advance and taken at a testing center location. See locations below. To sign up for an exam, you must complete an application, have it reviewed, and be approved to test. The application process has moved to an online application platform called Certemy.
What is Certemy?
NMCBBHP has launched a new fully online platform for applying for Certification, submitting applications, and renewals for NMCBBHP certifications. This platform allows professionals to submit all applications, schedule an exam and complete the renewal process by uploading documents 100% online as they complete them. The purpose of this is to hopefully streamline the application process and to improve communications between NMCBBHP and you.
- If you applied with a paper application during February through October 2020, please contact the board at email@example.com or 505-974-5090 to check on your application or exam status.
- Starting November 4, 2020, we started accepting applications online at Certemy. Your application submission may be under review. After the certification, the application is approved, and the board receives your fee for your specific exam, and we will pre-register you with Schroder Measurement Technologies, Inc., (SMT), the IC&RC's contracted testing firm.
- It is important to use your personal email as an increasing number of agencies are using more secure servers that might block incoming responses from the Board or the SMT Testing Company.
- SMT/ISO Quality Testing Center will send you a link with an ID and password where you can pick the date and time you want to take the exam.
- The exam is 150 multiple choice questions which is a point-and-click format. You can bookmark questions and come back to them later in the exam. There is a short (5 minute) tutorial to make sure you understand the process prior to starting the exam.
- On testing day, candidates will be required to show a government-issued photo ID and their SMT admission letter at their selected Testing Center. Candidates will have three hours to complete the exam. After the candidate completes the exam, they will receive your preliminary score immediately after completing the exam. The preliminary scores will clearly state that scores are not official until they are sent out by this certificate board (NMCBBHP).
Should you fail the exam you may Request to Re-test by emailing the board at firstname.lastname@example.org, pay the exam fee and start the registration process again and retake the exam after 90 days.
Those who fail 3 times are required to take a refresher course prior to requesting to the board to take the exam again.
Any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 505-974-5090